This command creates single decreases (shape and transfers) to a design without a previous shape.
To set the selection pick one single row (where you want the decreases to start).
Tick the box Inline if you don’t want the canvas to be expanded with the transfer rows. This will limit the number of decrease repetitions you can do.
- Shaping: refers to on which side the decreases take place. The dropdown menu offers the options: LEFT, RIGHT, BOTH, LEFT THEN RIGHT, RIGHT THEN LEFT
- Decrease: offers 2 possibilities
- BY REPEAT PERIOD
- BY WALES OVER ROWS
Choosing either of these 2 will entail their own option boxes.
- Rounding: shows different options on how the rows can be distributed throughout the area with decreases.
Margins options: refer to the number of stitches we want to use for the decrease to leave a fashion mark. Values can be different for left and right.
- Layered: tick the box to have a more prominent fashion mark
- Racking: the dropdown menu offers 3 options that change the visualization of the transfers, by using the “racked” transfer symbols from the stitch palette or using regular transfers and having the row racked from the settings column.
Options: enter your preferences for speed, roller and stitch size of the decrease transfers.