To create your own, personal design, you can import an image and edit it as you like. In this article we'll guide you through the steps to import an image.
1: Open the pattern panel and select 'Import Image'
This will prompt a pop-up menu.
2: In the menu select browse and choose your image
The image will be automatically reduced to 6 colors.
3: Choose your settings
- Resizing options
There are different ways to resize your image. Let's say the image you're using is 15 cm by 17 cm with 72 pixels per inch. This means your image is 425 pixels by 482 pixels. The needle beds have 252 needles, so your image has to be sized down to a width of 252 pixels or less.
- Preserve aspect (W): The width of the image is set to 252 and the image is resized using this width.
- Preserve aspect (H): If you have a tall thin image, you want to preserve as much of the detail in the height, so it will make it as tall as it can and then fit it into 252 accordingly. This means your image may be knitted on less than 252 needles.
- One Pixel/Stitch: You may have designed your image exactly as you want it to be knit. In this case, use this option to create a piece with the exact same amount of stitches as pixels in your image. This option is only suitable for images that are no wider than 252 pixels.
- Fit: If you have set your panel to be a certain size and want the image to fit onto the panel, use this option.
- Color options
- Grayscale/Color: Choose if you want to include colors or if you want a grayscale image.
- Colors:You can use up to six colors in a design. When you upload an image with a lot of colours, such as a picture, the software will reduce the number of colors to six. You can reduce the number of colors down to 2 by moving the slider to the left.
- Brightness and Contrast: Use these sliders to tweak how the image is converted.
- Pick a different color: You image has been converted to a reduced amount of colours, but two of the colors are very similar. Reassign colors to help visuality, or to match your yarns. Once the image has been imported it will still be possible to reassign colors.
After you have chosen all settings that you need, click 'Submit'. The pop-up menu closes and your panel now includes your image.