Like every machine, Kniterate has a few limitations:
- Knitting with a maximum of 6 yarns in a piece.
- Knitting with a maximum of 6 yarns in a row.
- Floats a maximum length of 6-7 stitches in fair isle knitting.
- Short-rowing a maximum of 2-3 rows in the centre of the piece.
- Not possible to knit and tuck on the same needle bed in one pass.
- Not possible to knit intarsia
Not being able to knit and tuck on the same needle bed on the same pass, means you can’t trap the yarn to avoid long floats. It’s ideal to make a great variety of stitches rather than color patterns when knitting on a single bed. Cardigan stitches are possible though.
Not being able to short row more than 2-3 rows in the centre of a piece means it is not possible to knit seamless socks. Short-rowing on the edges is possible.